PERRY, Okla. — The Ditch Witch organization will be showcasing some of its latest and most innovative horizontal directional drill (HDD) tooling at the Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference and Exhibition, January 28-30, 2014, in Houston, Texas. The Ditch Witch organization is an industry leader in HDD technology, pioneering a wide range of tooling and equipment that have significantly improved the efficiency of the directional drilling process. Ditch Witch HDD tooling featured at this year’s UCT show will include:
- Full Line SaverLok System®. The company’s most advanced saver sub is now compatible with all Ditch Witch horizontal directional drills from the JT20 to the JT100 Mach 1, including All Terrain drills. The SaverLok System provides the quickest and most secure protection against wear and tear on the drill pipe and drive system. With the SaverLok system, no special tools and no overnight downtime are required.
- TriHawk® HD housings. With the introduction of a new 2.75-inch housing compatible with Ditch Witch JT1220 Mach 1 and JT922 directional drills, TriHawk HD housings are now available in five sizes and compatible with all Ditch Witch and Vermeer® directional drills. TriHawk HD housings feature a patented, boltless pinned lid system that gives electronics the ultimate in protection.
- TriHawk VI drill bit. The newest member of the original, industry-leading TriHawk drill bit family, the TriHawk VI is specially designed to allow a quick and easy change when soil conditions change to medium or hard rock formations. TriHawk VI offers exclusive cutting and steering capabilities for drilling in hard rock with a single-pipe drilling system.
- Rockmaster housing. Designed for the Ditch Witch JT30 All Terrain directional drill, the new, more durable Rockmaster housing features a heavier bearing design, higher-strength door, easy serviceability, and high flow capability. The Rockmaster accepts the new Ditch Witch TXU beacon as well as 15-inch DCI® Electronics.
- Power Pipe® HD. Compatible with all original Power Pipe, new Power Pipe HD is the highest tensile strength pipe on the HDD market. A special manufacturing process includes heat-treating to reduce scarring and scratching. Power Pipe features wear-indicating grooves on the outside diameter of the tool joint.
- Power Pipe Forged and Power Pipe Forged HXT™ Drill Pipe. With the release of these two innovative new pipe models, the company now offers a complete line of forged pipe for both Ditch Witch and Vermeer directional drills. Power Pipe Forged and Power Pipe Forged HXT drill pipe feature blended grade steel that is heat-treated to be harder, more abrasion-resistant and more resistant to bending.
For more information about Ditch Witch HDD tooling, please call 800-654-6481, visit www.ditchwitch.com, or visit Booth 307 at the UCT show.