The Ditch Witch® FX50 vacuum excavator has the power and functionality to do it all, from potholing to cleanup of all types of spills, HDD fluids, and jobsite debris. Featuring outstanding suction and water pressure, the 49-hp (36.5 kW) FX50 is as versatile as it is powerful, and can be configured with your choice of water tanks, spoils tanks, and options such as a hydraulic boom and hydraulic valve exerciser. The FX50 is with you every step of the job.
- With the FX50’s optional reverse flow and standard full-opening, hydraulic tank door, offloading spoils is quick and easy.
- 49-hp (36.5 kW) Deutz diesel engine provides ample power for all machine functions.
- FX50 is equipped with an extremely efficient Tuthill® 1020-cfm blower and a powerful water system with a water-pressure capacity of 3000 psi (207 bar) and 5-gpm (19 L/min) flow.
- The FX50’s wide range of applications includes exposing buried utility lines, storm drain cleanout, directional drilling site cleanup, water leak repair, valve box and utility vault cleanout, commercial/residential debris cleanup and landscaping, and posthole digging.
- The FX50 is the quietest vac in its horsepower class, for minimal disturbance in noise-sensitive areas and greater operator comfort.
- Fully enclosed, insulated and lockable power pack leads the industry in noise reduction while protecting major components from weather and vandalism.
- A choice of spoils tanks (up to 800 gallons/3028 L) and water tanks (up to 500 gallons/1893 L) to meet the requirements of virtually any size soft excavation or cleanup job.
- Triple filtration system with a cyclone separator cleans the air before it ever reaches the filter, minimizing maintenance.
- Autoclutching feature disengages the water pump when water is not in use, allowing full system power to the blower.
- Water pressure can be adjusted from a curbside operator’s station that allows one-person control of all unit functions.
- System may be ordered from the factory either trailer-mounted or stand-alone, so you can mount it on your own trailer or flatbed truck.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.