An invaluable tool in utility mapping efforts, the Ditch Witch® 2450GR ground penetrating radar system is an electronic locating device designed to help subsurface utility engineers and other contractors locate any type of utility conduit or piping—including PVC pipes—beneath soil, rock, pavements and other surfaces. The 2450GR's advanced locating capability makes it ideal for a wide range of other applications, including urban planning, exploratory and archeological digs, void and sinkhole detection, concrete detection, and locating underground storage tanks.
- 2450GR locates both metallic and non-metallic pipes and cables to allow one-pass locates at depths of up to 19.7 feet (6 m), depending on soil conditions and antenna selection.
- With 5.6 mph (9 km/h) survey speed and digitally controlled radar, the 2450GR provides fast, clear images.
- Dual-frequency antenna simultaneously sweeps in two frequencies; this allows the operator to see both deep and shallow objects simultaneously.
- Earth-engaged antenna provides better contact on uneven terrain and reduces signal loss.
- Rugged, four-wheel cart design allows the operator to scan in the easiest and roughest conditions.
- 2450GR folds up into a size that is easy to transport.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.