The Ditch Witch® OnGrade® system utilizes laser technology, advanced Ditch Witch electronics, and the industry's most innovative downhole tools to help you drill accurate grade bores every time. The advantage of the patented OnGrade method over other grade-drilling methods is a laser-guided reference point from the entry to the exit pits. From this fixed reference all depth measurements are taken. For the drill operator, it's a matter of maintaining a constant distance between the drill string and the laser line, and making steering corrections as necessary all the way to the exit pit.
- OnGrade simplifies gravity-flow sewer installation without need for pre-survey of reference points, recalculation of depths at points along the bore path, or sight relief holes for depth verification.
- Sophisticated electronic guidance system—8500TK tracker/display and 850BG beacon—offers 60 roll positions, 0.1 percent pitch resolution, offset locating capability and drill-through functionality.
- Grade pole functions with the 8500TK tracker/display to provide continuous grade reference during the bore; with extensions, grade pole can cover 13 ft (4 m) of elevation change.
- Class II grade laser requires line-of-sight between the laser plane and grade pole apparatus, either of which can be offset from the desired bore path when jobsite conditions demand it.
- Laser comes with a multiple adjustment tripod (crank center height and adjustable legs) and protective carrying case.
- OnGrade's calibration fixture provides precise, repeatable depth/grade electronics calibration prior to the bore, and a Digital Smart Level for precise pitch reading during grade calibration.
- OnGrade's end-load beacon housing designed to provide consistent signal strength in all roll positions.
- Beacon housing's thread-head system designed for pocket-bit or flat-bit heads, depending on soil conditions.
- Grade inspection trolley and camera, which is pulled through service pipe after installation to verify the grade, utilizes the existing beacon and comes with a 500-ft (152 m) power cable.
- All components of the OnGrade system (except downhole tooling) fit in a sturdy job box.
- Optional grade reamer has a three-wing cutting structure and mixing paddles that make contact with bore sides to improve stability.