Both two-wheel-drive Zahn trenchers are designed to install sprinkler systems and utilities and perform other trenching tasks in traditional fashion with non-traditional power, speed, and efficiency. Equipped with a unique InterChange connection that accepts two types of highly productive trenchers, the 2WD R300 deliver superior trenching performance on even the tightest jobsites.
With either four-wheel-drive Zahn trencher you'll experience an unprecedented combination of power, versatility, speed and productivity. Utility contractor, pool builder, rental-yard owner, construction contractor, homebuilder and homeowner, farmer and rancher, landscape professional and landscape amateur—the 4WD R300 trenchers are dedicated to you.
- Accepts two types of Zahn trenchers; each concentrates weight on the digging chain so it can penetrate the ground easier.
- Optional hydraulic auger that runs independent of the headshaft (patent-pending feature) is standard equipment on 4WD trenchers and optional on 2WD models; this feature reduces the amount of carryover, increasing productivity.
- Hydraulic drive eliminates maintenance of chains, belts and linkages, and allows the use of a reversible digging chain that dislodges rocks and other debris without manual assistance.
- High-performance Kohler® engine (23 hp/17.1 kW or 30 hp/22.4 kW) enables truly dedicated performance from each front-end trencher.
- Selectable ground-drive speed ranges enable the operator to choose the optimal speed for different applications.
- Trench depth indicator (2WD models only) allows the operator to continually monitor the depth of the trench from the comfort of the operator's station, reducing operator fatigue and increasing productivity.
- Two-wheel-drive models accept chains up to 8 inches (203 mm) wide, while the 4WD model accepts up to a 12-inch (305 mm) chain, so you can dig trenches for virtually any application.
- Optional Roto Witch® enables boring under sidewalks and other obstacles, reducing jobsite restoration.
- Multiple tire options for multiple tasks: 18-inch (457 mm) air-filled tires 18-inch (457 mm) urethane-filled, flat-proof tires 20-inch (508 mm) urethane-filled, flat-proof tires provide heavy-duty performance, maximum stability, and minimal tire deflection under load.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.