There's an easy way to remember the ideal machine for trenching 4- to 5-foot trenches: the Ditch Witch® RT45. With its direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor and Tier 4 engine, the RT45 has plenty of power to muscle through the earth—with your choice of trencher, backhoe, earth saw, vibratory plow, microtrencher, or combination trencher/plow attachments—while you enjoy its roomy and comfortable operator’s station. With all of its customer-driven design features, it’s no surprise that the RT45 has been the rental industry’s number one choice in its horsepower class for the last 50 years.
- User-friendly operation, with color-coded speed/direction and attachment controls; backfill blade controlled by a highly responsive joystick.
- Advanced operator presence system designed to promote safety by stopping the engine when operator leaves the seat.
- Advanced air-filtration system designed to improve engine performance; air filter elements are easy to access and replace.
- Exhaust system is mounted under a composite hood with a horizontal exhaust pipe, diverting noise and hot air from the operator.
- Easy-to-use foot pedal controls the infinitely variable ground drive forward and reverse.
- Direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor designed for increased production and reliability.
- Tier 4, 49-hp (36.5-kW) Deutz® diesel engine is designed for minimal maintenance and maximum operator productivity.
- Outstanding versatility: attachments include a centerline or dual-position trencher, vibratory plow, earth saw, microtrencher, combination trencher/plow, and backhoe.
- Operator’s station features one-piece molded instrument console designed to provide ample legroom and greater visibility.
- Monochrome LCD display provides all engine diagnostics and easy-to-read gauges.
- Engine service points are easily accessible from one side, simplifying maintenance.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.