There's an easy way to remember the ideal machine for trenching 4- to 5-foot trenches: the Ditch Witch RT45. With its direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor and Tier 4i-compliant engine, the RT45 has plenty of power to muscle through the soil—with your choice of trencher, backhoe, rotary saw, vibratory plow, or combination trencher/plow attachments—while you enjoy its roomy and comfortable operator's station. For those high-vibration applications, the RT45 ride-on trencher also offers an optional heavy-duty engine mount.
- User-friendly operation, with speed/direction and attachment controls grouped together; the backfill blade is controlled by a highly responsive joystick.
- Part of a complete microtrenching system that includes a specially configured RT45 or RT55 and a specially designed saw blade.
- Advanced air-filtration system is designed to improve engine performance; air filter elements are easy to access and replace.
- Direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor designed for increased production and reliability.
- Tier 4i-compliant engine is designed for minimal maintenance and maximum operator productivity and comfort.
- Outstanding versatility: attachments include a centerline or dual-position trencher, vibratory plow, rotary saw, combination trencher/plow, and backhoe.
- Advanced operator presence system designed to maximize safety by stopping the engine when operator leaves the seat.
- One-piece molded instrument console designed to provide ample legroom and greater visibility.
- Optional heavy-duty engine mount for high-vibration applications.
- Easy-to-use foot pedal controls infinitely variable ground drive forward and reverse.
- Muffler is mounted under a composite hood with a vertical exhaust pipe, diverting noise and hot air from the operator.
- Operator's station features easy-to-read gauges.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.