Offering 9000 lb of pullback force in its sturdy yet compact frame, the Ditch Witch JT922 combines the simplicity and easy operation of smaller horizontal directional drills with the advanced features of bigger drilling machines—like a heavy-duty anchor system, open-top vise wrenches, and an integrated remote display. Yet the Ditch Witch JT922 directional drill comes in an affordable little package that's easy to own and easy to haul.
- 9000 lb of pullback force, 186 RPM max. spindle speed.
- The JT922 directional drill is equipped with a heavy-duty anchor system, integrated remote tracking display, and other features usually seen only on larger directional drilling machines.
- Easy to mobile, easy to turn, and rides on turf-friendly tracks for less surface disturbance during utility installations.
- Shortest drill in its class, for easy setup in tight spaces.
- Field-proven rack-and-pinion thrust drive with welded-on double rack for low maintenance and reliability.
- The carriage travels the length of the drill frame in two seconds flat, for faster cycle times and more pipe in the ground.
- JT922 holds 300 ft (90 m) of drill pipe on board—up to double that of the competition—so you can finish virtually any job.
- Open-top vise wrenches are angled toward the operator for an excellent view of the tool joint, and they require no daily maintenance.
- Easy to maintain, with no grease zerks and all regular service points located under an easy-to-remove side panel.
- High-performance 54-hp (40 kW) Deutz diesel engine is air-cooled and quiet for easy maintenance and longer operation.
- With your Ditch Witch® directional drill you never have to wonder if its support equipment—the electronic guidance systems, fluid-mixing systems, vacuum excavators, and downhole tools—will complement the task or complicate it. Every single component of the Ditch Witch trenchless family, from the drill bit to the drill pipe to the drilling rig itself, is designed and manufactured to work together as a system.
- Drill operator is positioned near the center of the pipe rack for easy pipe handling; seat slides fore and aft so drill pipe is easy to reach.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.