JT4020 Mach 1
Equal parts brains and brawn, the Ditch Witch JT4020 Mach 1 directional drill can't wait to tackle your big drilling jobs. Utilizing specialized, 15-ft (4.5 m) Ditch Witch drill pipe, the rubber-tracked JT4020 Mach 1 has the power and stability to pull multiple conduits up to 1000 feet (305 m) in a single utility installation—assisted by an exclusive cruise control feature that maintains thrust and rotation settings. You expect more from Ditch Witch drilling equipment—more innovation, more power—and the JT4020 Mach 1 directional drill delivers.
- 40,000 lb of pullback force, 240 RPM max. spindle speed.
- With the JT4020 directional drill's field-proven, heavy-duty rack-and-pinion thrust drive with welded-on double rack, you'll spend more time drilling and less time on drill maintenance.
- Equipped with a 190-hp (142 kW) diesel engine, the JT4020 drill rig has the power to drive all drilling functions simultaneously—and drive your productivity way up.
- You can secure the Ditch Witch JT4020 in all types of ground conditions thanks to its innovative hydraulic, four-point anchor system.
- Industry-leading pipeloader system—featuring hydraulic pipe grippers, single pipe loading, hydraulic shuttle stops, and automated thread lubrication&mdashsaves you time, money, and effort.
- The JT4020 directional boring unit provides the high drilling fluid flow you need for the tough jobs; an on-board pump enables productive drilling at extended distances, while a normal flow rate can be operated simultaneously with thrust/pullback and rotation.
- Two-speed carriage allows faster travel during makeup and breakout: exceptional low-speed drilling control plus higher speeds for rapidly adding or removing drill pipe.
- Rubber tracks minimize damage to pavement, curbs, lawns, and landscaping, which keeps your restoration costs down.
- Ditch Witch-patented Fluid Miser® II drill pipe requires significantly less drilling fluid than unlined pipe, reducing cleanup time and expense.
- With your Ditch Witch directional drill you never have to wonder if its support equipment—the electronic guidance systems, fluid-mixing systems, vacuum excavators, and downhole tools—will complement the task or complicate it. Every single component of the Ditch Witch trenchless family, from the drill bit to the drill pipe to the drilling rig itself, is designed and manufactured to work together as a system.
- Touch-sensitive, variable-speed, electric-over-hydraulic controls are designed to minimize operator effort; thrust/pullback and rotation are controlled by a single lever.
- Optional fully enclosed, climate-controlled cab increases operator comfort. Well-designed cab features conveniently placed controls for an unrestricted view of drilling operations. Cab is also retrofittable to work with existing JT4020.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.