Our customers wanted more power to perform all functions at once. Both the JT30 and its counterpart, the JT30 All Terrain, are the most powerful and quietest drills in their class - by a long shot. And both are products of direct customer feedback from years of experience in all types of job conditions. While we'd like to take all the credit for every innovative feature, we can't. But we will take full credit for being responsive to our customers' needs.
- 160-gross-hp (119 kW), Tier 4i engine is the most powerful in its class; full power to all machine functions greatly enhances your overall productivity.
- Automatic, intuitive carve mode reduces operator fatigue and error.
- Quietest directional drill in its class (max. 85 dBA operator sound pressure), so there’s less environmental impact, less disruption in urban areas, and greater operator comfort.
- Heavy-duty anchor system enables you to push or pull with full machine thrust and depend on the JT30 remaining in place; better machine stability while drilling means a quick and more productive bore.
- Industry-exclusive, double-pivot drill frame allows steep entry angles without raising the tracks off the ground—no need to constantly readjust the machine even when the terrain is muddy or steep; enhances operator comfort because operator’s station stays level.
- Exclusive assisted makeup and breakout feature: JT30 automatically adjusts speed when making up and breaking out drill pipe, saving wear on pipe threads and reducing operator fatigue.
- With a narrower width (80 inches/2 m, w/o cab) than the competition, the JT30 is a higher-horsepower drill that can operate in tighter spaces.
- Advanced electronic system features improved diagnostics and customer-recommended electronic functions.
- Automated, intuitive carve mode reduces operator fatigue and error and is compatible with industry-leading TriHawk HD housings and bits for exceptional efficiency and productivity.
- Optional cab features climate-controlled heat and air, for greater operator comfort and productivity.
- Hinges on main and rear hoods allow easy access to all service points in the engine and mud pump; rear mud pump cover allows you to operate in colder conditions.
- Field-proven, heavy-duty rack and pinion thrust drive; welded-on double rack offers minimum maintenance and maximum reliability.
- Visibility enhanced by open-top vise wrenches and improved operator station; wrenches are angled toward the drill operator for an excellent view of the tool joint when making and breaking pipe, and all drill functions are clearly visible from operator station, with or without cab.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.