JT4020 All Terrain
The JT4020 All Terrain horizontal directional drill can steer, drill and backream in just about any type of soil—even solid rock—up to 1000 feet. The 190-hp (142 kW) JT4020 All Terrain directional drill is the product of exceptional Ditch Witch trenchless engineering, with patented features like a two-pipe rock-drilling system and an integrated electronic system with cruise control.
- Patented mechanical rock-drilling system provides more power to the bit than any other rock-drilling system in its class.
- The JT4020 All Terrain directional drill features instrument panel gauges positioned for optimal visibility, conveniently placed controls, and a single lever that controls drilling and backreaming adjustments.
- Field-proven, heavy-duty rack and pinion thrust drive with welded-on double rack offers minimum maintenance and maximum reliability.
- Cruise control feature for pilot boring and backreaming reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity.
- Patented pipeloader system features hydraulic pipe grippers, single pipeloading, hydraulic shuttle stops, and automated thread lubrication.
- Drilling fluid flow: an on-board pump enables productive drilling at extended distances; normal flow rate can be operated simultaneously with thrust/pullback and rotation.
- Dual thrust drive motors provide exceptional low-speed drilling control as well as the higher speeds necessary for rapidly loading drill pipe.
- Hydraulic, four-point anchor system allows the unit to be firmly secured in all types of ground conditions, including rock.
- Adjustable drill frame design allows setup at normal drilling angles without raising the tracks off the ground.
- Optional fully enclosed, climate-controlled cab increases operator comfort. Well-designed cab features conveniently placed controls for an unrestricted view of drilling operations. Cab is also retrofittable to work with an existing JT4020.
Jobsite safety cannot be overemphasized. You're working on and around heavy equipment that you need to understand and respect. Below is a "Safety Matters" topic relevant to this Ditch Witch product. For other "Safety Matters" topics, plus safety videos and other important facts about jobsite safety, please visit our Ditch Witch Safe page.
Locating safety. Remember that you can verify locates with Ditch Witch electronic pipe and cable locators, and a sure way to verify the location of buried utilities is to expose the lines with a Ditch Witch vacuum excavator.